Me at work

Monday, March 5, 2012

Help the homeless

It was 11:40 pm on a fairly cool March night. As I was leaving the parking lot I saw a midldle aged man heading to the back of the lot via walker. As I approached, he flagged me down. I stopped and asked where he was going. He said downtown Antioch. He the asked if I would give him a ride. I said, "sure!" I gave him a ride to a seedy part of town and sent him on his way. I worried all the way back home. He was very unstable without the walker. I hoped he would stay warm and said a few prayers asking God to watch over him. What else could I do? I had no cash to give him. I had no food with me in the car. I'm gonna go back to the spot I dropped him off and see if I find him. I would like to offer him a blanket and some food. What else can I do?
Take care Steve!

No comments:

Post a Comment